Imagine walking into a clean, tidy, and spacious bathroom – an experience anyone would appreciate having in their own peaceful abode. Unfortunately, trying to maintain a minimalist bathroom isn’t the easiest of jobs, especially when sharing the house with other people – whether they be family or group of housemates. At Hux, we’re all for squeaky clean restrooms – even the ones in our office are completely minimal; clear of clutter, white themed, and earth-friendly (where we use natural products wherever possible).
To help make your minimalist-bathroom-dream come true, we’ve put together some nifty little tips you could share with your household to ensure everyone enjoys a pleasant bathroom experience:
- Sort out all moveable contents of your bathroom. Start from the items you use on a daily basis, to the ones you barely touch. You’ll be surprised by the amount of junk you end up pulling out. Essentially, you should be aiming to leave your go-to toiletry products in the bathroom, whilst removing the rest entirely.
- Make use of storage units and organisers. These will help keep the inside of cupboards/drawers tidy, making it easier to arrange similar items together.
- Dispose of items you rarely use. We’re all guilty of having at least one toiletry product that’s been sitting in the bathroom for years on end. It’s about time you say goodbye to them, seriously…
- Keep surfaces completely clear of clutter. The countertop is the primary area where we tend to leave items lying around, never thinking to return them back to where they originally belonged. Just remember – the less, the better. We suggest limiting this area to having just one hand wash and a cup of toothbrushes; everything else should be stored neatly away in a cupboard or drawer.
- Don’t have a cluster of products laid out in your shower or next to your bathtub. Only have out what you need, and keep the rest hidden in your choice of storage – for example, one body wash, one shampoo, one conditioner, and one facial cleanser.
- You may be an expert in maintaining a tidy bathroom, but how good are you at keeping it clean? Cleanliness is the polishing factor to achieving a spotless minimalist space. Try getting into a daily routine of wiping down surfaces whenever you’re done with using the bathroom for the day – by doing so, your bathroom will remain cleaner for much longer.
- Decorate with only one or two items, at most – small houseplants and candles are a couple of our favourite accessories. You could even take advantage of products with simple, minimalistic packaging as part of your bathroom design – brands such as Aesop and Thankyou are perfect examples!
- If you’re already familiar with minimalist home décor, you wouldn’t be surprised about us mentioning the importance of neutral tones. The bathroom isn’t an exception when it comes to sticking with your choice of neutral colours when styling your home. Going all white is a popular option for keeping things minimal in your bathroom.
- Switch complex designs to simple ones. For instance, if your bathroom has old-fashioned taps and basin, consider changing them to ones with a sleek modern design.